LIFE IN BALANCE
bæl əns [bal-uh ns] noun, verb, -anced, -anc⋅ing. –noun
1. a state of equilibrium; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
2. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
3. the act of balancing; comparison as to weight, amount, importance, etc.
4. to arrange, adjust, or proportion the parts symmetrically.
There is one central theme that permeates the culture and services of The Cesari Companies; keeping the important things in life in balance! “It is unacceptable to me, to be a success in the workplace and a failure at home and we teach busy people how to keep both in balance.”
ENTREPRENEURS and BUSINESS EXECUTIVES
Abandon All Thought of Retreat. Here is a sample of what you will learn in our coaching program.
When the Will to Win Meets the Will to Prepare.
We all have the will to win, but the will to win without the will to prepare to win is nothing. The only place “success comes before work” is in the dictionary. There is no easy, pain-proof way to success. We will prepare you to win.
I like what Will Smith says, “I’m not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be outworked. You may be more talented than me. And you may be better looking than me. But if we both get on a treadmill together, you are going to get off first or I am going to die. It’s really that simple. I’m not going to be outworked.”
A Compelling Reason Sustains Momentum.
Reasons come first results come second. “The person who knows how will always have a job, the person who knows why will always be his boss.” Diane Ravitch. We will not only help you to bring CLARITY to what you want to do, we will also help you to develop compelling reasons why you must succeed. Your “why” is the engine that drives your dreams. If you have a compelling reason why you must succeed at what you do, you have a much greater likelihood of taking that desire, that passion, that dream and turning it into reality. When you know what you want to do and why you want to do it, the “how” part seems to naturally work it self out.
Find Your Genius
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Harold Whitman
You have no greater responsibility in life than to determine what you were meant to accomplish on this earth. Why do you exist? What is your purpose? Your genius is the intersection where what you are most passionate about intersects with what you do best. Very few people find this intersection. According to the Gallop organization, less than 16% of the 2,000,000 people polled enjoyed doing what they did for a living. Our programs bring CLARITY to help unlock and discover what you were meant to do and move you closer to living the life of your dreams.
As an integral part of our coaching programs we teach you how to go through the process of learning how to find your Genius and then teach you how to stay focused in it.
“We come into this world head first and go out feet first; in between, it is all a matter of balance.” Paul Boese
Over the years, I have worked with thousands of people through my seminars, consulting, coaching and speaking. And whenever I ask the question, “what is your greatest challenge in life?” nine times out of ten, it is balancing work with family or home life. I have found that one of the biggest reasons for lack of balance is simply that people are not intentional about their choices and priorities, so they tend to let life happen to them instead of taking the time to create CLARITY, develop a plan and take action to implement it. There will always be times when we have to spend more time with the business or more time on the personal side, but when you have a clear plan of action, it helps create the margin you need personally and professionally. We help people bring balance to their lives by:
- Clarifying and prioritizing their values.
- Making sure their goals are in harmony with those values.
- Analyzing how they manage (or don’t manage) their time.
- Teaching how to live a high-energy lifestyle.
- Making sure they focus on progress, not perfection.
- Helping them to live in the present and plan for the future.
- Focusing on positive exposures, HINT (Turn of the TV)
- Thinking outside the box and being creative.
“The price of anything is the amount of time you have to exchange for it.”
Henry David Thoreau
Start with the End in Mind.
- The most successful businesses don’t reach that status by accident. They choose their destination in advance and work toward it in everything they do.
- Businesses without a clear destination jump reactively from one opportunity to another without any consistent strategy and usually without moving the business forward.
- A clear business destination sets the foundational direction for all activity in a company (and may become the basis for a meaningful vision for the employees). It outlines the business focus and key strategies to achieve success.
Objective: Define the business destination using your team’s top people. Divergent thinking and strong opinions are acceptable and even encouraged; this is the “Leadership Team” that will help craft the Destination of the company.
Our Approach: We prepare and facilitate a half to full-day meeting with the core leadership team. Use the session outputs to write a “Destination Statement” for your company or organization.
The preparation will include brief individual discussions with each member of the core leadership team to tap into internal perspectives, combined with competitive analysis and key customer interviews to understand external perspectives.
Rather than focusing on the current state of the business and near term issues, the facilitation will be geared toward building an inspirational vision of where you want to go. This is a chance to think big without having to define the exact route to implementation.
After defining the Destination Plan, we will meet with your team to explain the “Vision” and create excitement to gain buy in from your team.
Team-work Makes the Dream-work.
: work done by several associates with each doing a part but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole.
SEVEN TIMELESS PRINCIPLES TO CREATING A DYNAMIC TEAM
Steve has more than 35 years of experience building teams, having started or owned 17 companies in many different industries. Since 1995 Steve has used his vast business experience to equip business leaders in more than twenty five industries to gain clarity and confidence to grow their businesses by identifying and focusing on their strengths, and building a functional team to maximize organizational effectiveness.
Steve uses “CLARITY” as an acrostic to present these dynamic principles that will help everyone in your organization become a more effective member of your team.
C – Clarity – Every team needs CLARITY. Clear Vision = Clear Results
L – Learning – “The only thing worst than training someone and losing them to the competition, is not training them and keeping them.”
A – Attitude – “It’s your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude in life.” Zig Ziglar
R – Responsibility – This program comes with a pre-event assignment for participants, allowing them to think through some of these principles in advance.
I – Integrity – “What’s wrong is wrong no matter who is for it and what’s right is right now matter who is against it.”
T – The Frog – Eat the Frog (Your just going to have to come to the event to find out what this means)
Y – You – Nothing in life happens until You take action and make it happen.
This program comes with a pre-event assignment for participants, allowing them to think through some of these principles in advance. This presentation is inspirational, encouraging and equipping. It will help everyone identify and stay focused on high payback activities, to stay positive and help turn problems into possibilities.
Steve will teach everyone how to create a “WOW” experience at every point of contact with the customer. Every participant will leave energized and equipped to take on the day’s challenges with a fresh perspective and a new attitude.
This presentation is most effective as a workshop, but can be condensed into a keynote.
Clarity Mastermind Groups (Application Required)
“The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of people who are.” CS Lewis
What is a Mastermind group and why would you want to participate? The concept of Mastermind goes back thousands of years. In fact in the 1800’s one individual put groups together in various cities and traveled to each to facilitate. His groups were called skull groups and when these groups met, they were having a skull session. So the concept predated Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich: a book which so effectively describes the power of Mastermind.
The reality is that we all have “blind spots” on certain things about our businesses and ourselves for that matter, including our unique strengths and weaknesses. Mastermind helps to bring CLARITY to our “blind spots”, so we can effectively manage and grow our businesses. Who is best able to help us see our “blind spots”? They are smart, like-minded colleagues who you trust and don’t have to be “politically correct” with each other. Your participation in a CLARITY Mastermind group will help you to:
- Unlock stuck thinking
- Discover opportunities never considered
- Prevent problems from developing by preemptively and proactively handling them as they arise.
- Participate in a safe environment to discuss issues you are not able to discuss with your team.
- “Sharpen your axe” – Everyone needs the time, place and space to regenerate, refresh and rekindle the passion and energy in a confidential environment.
- Join a fraternity of like-minded individuals, all on their own path and willing to help you travel your victoriously.
- Be recognized for your achievements – too many of us lack the support from colleagues who understand and appreciate the genius we all display. We need to celebrate our victories!
- Be listened to by people you know, like and trust. There is a mental sharpness that comes from being around good people. The people we surround ourselves with are either lifting us up and helping move towards the person we are striving to become or they are pulling us down and away from the person we are striving to become. There is no neutral ground. Associating with the “right” people can help you to see your ideas with new CLARITY and refine them into brilliant money-making or money saving insights. This requires partners who can challenge each other and stimulate thought. People who know how to attack the thought and not the thinker.
- Be motivated. For many members, these sessions are the magic elixir of motivational mojo.
- Get advice and support from talented, smart members who have different strengths, skills and way of thinking than you do. This is a way to diversify your available brainpower. This may be one of the very best ways to crowd source your success.
- “Becoming an advisor” as you do when you participate helps you to recognize problems you never knew you had or that are brewing undetected before they smack you in the side of your head!
INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES
Take Control and Improve Your Life.
Nothing Happens Until You Take Action, so Live with Intentionality!
Clarity for Couples
“Most people spend more time planning their wedding than they do planning their marriage.”
I have worked with hundreds of couples to develop a clear vision for their marriage and help them to bring clarity and intentionality to everything they do. The goal of the Clarity Couples Program is, “To proactively strengthen the quality of your marriage and family life through the practice of goal setting and thoughtful planning.”
These goals typically cover the Five F’s; Finances, Faith, Fitness, Friends and Family but are not limited to these areas. The format is typically a 90 minute session every other week for 3 months, but can also be done in an accelerated format. There are homework assignments based on the concepts you will learn, as well as exercises you do in class. You will be held accountable individually and collectively for the work that needs to be done. I promise that if you engage in this process you will take your relationship and marriage to a new level.
“There is a strength and consistency when you are on a course of action that both of you believe in and are committed to.” Gary Smalley
Please read my latest blog— Seven Habits to Build a “WOW” Marriage